Drop everything! The Sun is out and we invite you to leave work and come and visit us in our pub garden to enjoy the summer sun. We are bringing the holiday vibes to you with ice cold beer, perfectly chilled wine and some cracking seasonal food. The garden is also the perfect entertainment for children once all the schools break up in a few weeks time.
Gooseberry and Elderflower Fool
This month Chef Simon Brazier is treating guests to some culinary delights and Gooseberries are the flavor of this month and on the menu is a Gooseberry and Elderflower fool.
- 500g Gooseberries
- 125ml Elderflower Cordial
- 500ml Water
- 500g Sugar
- 500g Double Cream
- Make a stock syrup using the sugar and water by bringing the ingredients to a boil and simmering to reduce by a third
- Place the gooseberries in the liquid for the last third of the cooking
- Take off the heat, strain and leave to cool
- Whip the cream until firm and when the gooseberry mix is cool, fold through the cream
- Serve in an ice cream bowl